1. Home
  2.  » 
  3. Family Law
  4.  » 
  5. Protective Proceedings
  6.  » Guardianships

Lakewood Guardianship Lawyers

Helping Families Care For Their Loved Ones

When an adult is incapacitated and no longer capable of looking after his or her affairs, a family member or other party can ask the court to be appointed guardian of the incapacitated person. Once appointed, the guardian can then manage the daily affairs of the person (now referred to as a ward), including living arrangements and medical care.

At Pearson & Paris, P.C., in Lakewood, Colorado, we help family members care for the needs of their loved ones through the creation of guardianships and conservatorships. Our attorneys have more than 50 years of experience in these matters, providing compassionate counseling to help our clients make critical decisions about the care of their loved ones.

Pearson & Paris, P.C., can help you navigate troubled waters. To learn more about the guardianship process and how we can help you, contact our firm.

Becoming A Guardian For An Adult

A lawyer at our firm can explain the legal process for becoming a guardian and the guardian’s legal responsibilities in detail. We can also prepare the guardianship petition and other supporting documents and represent you at the hearing, assuring that all legal requirements for guardianship are met.

The court will demand that the person wishing to become a guardian has the moral character and capabilities needed to fulfill the role. This will include a criminal background and credit check. The court will also require a physician’s letter verifying the person’s incapacity, which must be proven with clear and convincing evidence. Our Arvada legal guardian attorneys can handle all aspects of the guardianship petition for a reasonable and affordable fee.

Guardianships For Children And Grandchildren

A parent of a child can name a guardian in the event of the parent’s death. This is often accomplished through a provision in the parent’s will. Our family law and estate planning lawyers can assist you with these or other matters, including the creation of a guardianship for a grandchild.

Contact Our Firm

For a free initial consultation with an experienced Lakewood guardianship attorney, contact Pearson & Paris, P.C.