Lakewood Attorneys For Paternity And Parental Rights
Most children want to have a relationship with both of their parents, and all custodial parents want their children to be supported financially. In many situations, these goals are not difficult to achieve, even for children in families where divorce has occurred. In cases where children are born outside of a marriage or a clearly defined relationship, though, paternity issues that require the assistance of an experienced attorney can surface.
The law firm of Pearson & Paris, P.C., provides experienced representation to both fathers and mothers in paternity cases.
Determining Identities, Rights And Responsibilities
In many cases, determination of a father’s identity has financial ramifications, with the responsibility for payment of child support typically accompanying a confirmation of fatherhood. For some fathers, child support arrangements and visitation rights mirror the rights and responsibilities that they would have in a divorce situation. These rights and responsibilities are pursued legally by some fathers, while other situations involve mothers who aggressively seek financial support from the fathers of their children.
The attorneys of Pearson & Paris, P.C., help clients with a variety of paternity issues, including:
- Helping mothers and fathers establish paternity, which can involve simple document signing or DNA testing
- Finding solutions in situations where paternity is challenged
- Negotiating visitation agreements that serve a child’s best interests
- Facilitating fair child support arrangements that meet the needs of the children involved
- Determining the role that Social Security or public assistance play in a paternity case
Contact a Denver Paternity Lawyer
Our Colorado paternity lawyers can help you understand your legal rights and responsibilities as a mother or father. Contact us at 303-872-4719 or toll free at 303-872-4719 to schedule an appointment.