Advice About LGBT Child Custody Matters
During a divorce or a relationship breakup, many parents are concerned about custody of their children. They want to ensure that their kids are taken care of and that their parental rights are protected.
If you are unsure about your custody rights as a gay, lesbian or transgender parent, please talk to us.
We Understand Same-Sex Child Custody | We Can Protect Your Rights
At Pearson & Paris, P.C., in Lakewood, Colorado, we protect the rights of LGBT parents in the Denver area. We understand the specific concerns of clients who are experiencing a same-sex divorce, civil union dissolution or relationship breakup.
Our attorneys can answer questions like:
- What are my rights as a nonbiological parent or nonlegal parent with a close connection to my child?
- What if I am my child’s biological parent but my ex-partner is not?
- What does the law say about same-sex adoption rights regarding my son or daughter?
- How will custody work if my partner and I have a civil union but we’re not legally married?
- Do you represent clients in same-sex divorce proceedings?
- Will I pay or receive support, under what conditions?
- Will a court or county discriminate against me because of my sexual orientation or relationship status?
- How much experience do you have with same-sex adoption and stepparent adoption issues?