Valuation And Distribution Of Assets
In addition to the strong emotional and social components of most divorces, financial and property issues are extremely important to resolve. The division of assets requires skilled legal help, and sometimes specialized assistance from accountants and business experts who can properly valuate assets with more subjective value than a bank account or a vehicle.
The family law attorneys of Pearson & Paris, P.C., have handled hundreds of cases involving clients with real estate, businesses, investments and other assets that require valuation and legally defined distribution as part of a divorce decree. We are also highly skilled at assessing and dividing debt.
The Equitable Valuation And Distribution Of Assets And Debts
Since Colorado is an “equitable distribution” state, assets and debts are not simply divided in half and assigned to both spouses in a divorce. If you are going through or considering a divorce, we can help you plan and execute a strategy for the equitable distribution of assets and debts that include:
- Family and closely held businesses
- Professional practices such as medical, dental and law offices
- Homes, vacation properties and real estate investments
- Equity assets, stock and stock options
- Retirement accounts, including 401(k)s and IRAs
- Retirement benefits
- Inheritances and premarital property
- Secured debt, including first and second mortgages, home equity lines of credit, and vehicle and boat loans
- Unsecured debt, including credit cards, loans and other obligations
Denver Asset Valuation Attorney
Our experienced lawyers can help you understand your legal rights and options when it comes to the distribution of assets. Contact Pearson & Paris, P.C., to schedule an appointment.