Due to precautions related to COVID-19, we have expanded our options for remote consultations. Please contact our office to discuss whether a full phone consultation or video conference is appropriate for your situation.

  1. Home
  2.  » 
  3. Family Law
  4.  » 
  5. Child Custody
  6.  » Sole Custody

Sole Custody

In Colorado, an adult can be awarded “sole custody” of a child, though this less common type of custody is referred to using the term sole decision-making. Decision-making for a child involves important issues like education, health care and religion.

In order to be awarded sole custody of a child, a person usually needs to demonstrate to a court that endangerment is factor. If you are concerned about abuse, physical or educational neglect, substance abuse, incarceration or another serious matter that may affect custody of your child or children, seek the advice of an experienced family law attorney.

Help With High-Conflict Cases And Endangerment Concerns

If you are seeking representation in a difficult custody case or if you want to understand how different types of custody and parenting time may relate to your situation, the attorneys of Pearson & Paris, P.C., can help you. We can answer important questions like:

  • Will a court award sole custody if there is a lack of involvement by my child’s other parent?
  • What’s the difference between parenting time and visitation?
  • What does physical custody mean?
  • What if my child’s other parent has never been a primary caregiver?
  • What if I am breast-feeding my baby? Will that affect the type of custody I am awarded?
  • My child’s other parent is incarcerated. What does that mean when it comes to custody?
  • What if there is a protective order in place?
  • What if my child’s other parent has a problem with drugs or alcohol?

Custody matters can be complicated. We understand that your children’s well-being is of paramount importance to you.

Contact A Lakewood Lawyer For Sole Custody Questions

Pearson & Paris, P.C., is based in Lakewood, Colorado. We serve parents throughout the Denver area. Contact us.