Protect Your Rights In A Same-Sex Divorce
While LGBT couples now have equal rights regarding marriage, they also must face legal challenges when it comes to divorce.
If you need an attorney to help you navigate a same-sex marriage or family law issue, talk to Pearson & Paris, P.C., in Lakewood, Colorado.
Help With Complex Divorce Matters
Pearson & Paris, P.C., recognizes the complex nature of same-sex divorce. Attorneys at our firm provide excellent legal representation to gay, lesbian and transgender clients who are going through the divorce process. We can answer your questions about:
- Division of property (marital or separate property), which is the same for same-sex couples as divorcing heterosexual couples
- Spousal maintenance, traditionally known as alimony
- Separation of cohabitating couples who never obtained a civil union
- Child custody matters and child support payments
- Who will keep the house
- Who will pay the mortgage and other bills during the separation or divorce process
- Adoption and second-parent adoption
- Payment of attorney fees
Every family law case is different. Get advice from an experienced attorney before you make any important decisions about your case.
Talk To Us
Contact Pearson & Paris, P.C., to learn more about how we can assist you in reaching your goals. Our lawyers represent LGBT clients, including gay and lesbian couples involved in family law disputes throughout the Denver area.