Advice About DUI Penalties
If you are convicted of driving under the influence of alcohol (DUI) in Colorado, the severity of the penalties will depend on several factors, including evidence of the level of intoxication, previous DUI convictions, injuries or damage caused, the status of your driver’s license and your age. If you or a loved one has been arrested on suspicion of driving under the influence, an experienced DUI defense attorney can help you understand the charges and the potential penalties, which can include:
- The loss of your driver’s license
- The loss of your job
- Increased insurance premiums
- Fines that can range from hundreds to thousands of dollars
- Installation of an ignition interlock device, with installations of up to two years in cases involving blood alcohol content (BAC) above .17 percent
- Jail time, particularly when BAC of .20 percent and multiple offenses are involved, with mandatory minimum sentences imposed in some cases
Vigorous Representation Against DUI Charges
The criminal defense attorneys of Pearson & Paris, P.C., provide vigorous representation against DUI charges of all kinds. We will use our knowledge of the law, our understanding of relevant technical and scientific issues, and our aggressive stance in seeking the best possible outcome in your case.
In addition to developing DUI defense strategies that can involve challenging breath test or blood test evidence and other elements of the prosecution’s case, our lawyers help clients improve outcomes by:
- Helping obtain restricted driver’s licenses
- Proactively seeking treatment options
- Securing sentencing options that are preferable to incarceration such as work release, electronic home monitoring (EHM) and probation
Contact Us For Help With Your Case
With years of relevant defense and sentencing experience, our Denver DUI defense lawyers understand penalty structures in detail. Contact Pearson & Paris, P.C., at 303-872-4719 or toll free at 303-872-4719 for help with your DUI case.