Defense From Fraud, Theft And White Collar Crimes
White collar crime is a commonly misunderstood term. It can refer to a multitude of nonviolent offenses involving financial matters, some of which are prosecuted as serious felonies. If you are convicted of a white collar crime, the consequences can range from probation and fines to the loss of a job — or hard time in jail or prison. The seriousness of these consequences calls for strong legal representation.
Highly Experienced Defense Representation
The attorneys of Pearson & Paris, P.C., are highly experienced at defending clients against white collar and financial crimes, even when the evidence against them is compelling and they are treated as if guilty until proven innocent. Our lead defense attorney, Sean P. Paris, a former senior prosecutor, offers the firm’s clients an exceptional understanding of prosecution methods and Colorado legal processes.
We can help if you or a loved one has been charged with:
- Fraud by check or wire fraud, which can be charged as a state or federal crime and can relate to relationships involving joint accounts
- Petty or grand theft, which depends on the value of the items in question
- Forgery and counterfeiting, which can involve documents, certificates or currency
- Shoplifting and larceny, which can be prosecuted as felonies or misdemeanors depending on the value of the allegedly stolen items
- Credit card fraud, which can relate to false credit card applications or illegal card use
- Embezzlement involving a company credit card, misappropriation of expense accounts, fictitious bank accounts or other matters
- Employee theft, which can be charged against cashiers and other employees
- Contractor fraud, which can involve the commingling of customer funds by a contractor
- Theft by deception
An Intelligent, Strategic Approach To Defense
If you choose us to represent you, our lawyers will thoroughly investigate the facts of your case, questioning evidence and challenging the assumptions and methods of law enforcement personnel. In developing an effective defense on your behalf, we may use private investigators, forensic accountants and other outside experts. While we can be extremely aggressive in fighting for our clients’ rights, we also use scientific methods and technical knowledge in many cases, developing powerful strategies that serve the specific needs of our clients.
Contact the Denver fraud and theft defense lawyers of Pearson & Paris. Whether you need shoplifting defense or assistance with another criminal matter, we can explain your rights and options during an initial consultation and represent you in court. Call 303-872-4719.