Denver Park and Recreation District Lawyers
As entities providing important services to communities, special-purpose districts or special district governments have particular legal concerns. Many of these unique public entities are subject to more complicated financing and auditing laws. Special districts have particular processes for purchasing services and goods, and some types of special districts can be attractive targets for litigation. While the principles of business and employment law apply to special districts, their unique features call for experienced legal counsel in managing risk and ensuring success.
The attorneys of Pearson & Paris, P.C., represent special districts such as fire departments, park and recreation districts, power and utility authorities, highway and airport authorities, transportation districts and housing authorities. Utilizing our understanding of best practices from the corporate and nonprofit worlds, we provide legal solutions in day-to-day, transactional and litigation matters involving:
- Special district boards, commissions, supervisors or directors
- Petitions, hearings and records particular to special districts
- Intergovernmental services involving state or federal agencies or municipalities
- District elections
- Compliance with federal and state regulations
- Financing, including municipal bonds that support special districts
- Tax funding from property, sales or excise taxes
- Environmental issues
Contact the Firm
Contact Pearson & Paris at 303-872-4719 or toll free at 888-725-2609 to speak to an experienced Denver or Lakewood lawyer regarding special district law concerns. With an exceptional knowledge of applicable laws, our attorneys are intimately familiar with issues common to Colorado special districts and nonprofit organizations.